Friday, November 7, 2008

happy birthday, logan!!
my little sister is nineteen today! wow. it makes me feel quite young, actually...almost too young.

reasons logan & i were best friends in heaven, and still are here on earth:
1. she always turned off the light at night when we shared a room. i think God knew i needed help with overcoming the "monster-under-the-bed" phase.
2. she is a wonderful cook and baker. again, i think God knew i would need extra help with that.
3. she has a beautiful smile that is absolutely contagious. she simply emanates beauty and happiness.
4. when we shared a room growing up, she walked me to the bathroom in the middle of the night when i was scared. she gave up many hours of precious sleep because she had to share a room with me.
5. even if she insisted we were too old, she would still play barbies with me. she would even keep it a secret from my friends.
6. she puts up with my horrible singing in the car.
7. she must have just known i was lonely here on earth so she came a short sixteen months later to be my best friend.
we were destined to be "the little girls" of the family. i can't hold onto that role by myself...
8. she kissed my best friend kellen in the back seat of mom's van in the first grade. i wish i could have seen the look on my own face.
9. she will drop everything to come pick me up from class, or run an errand with me. she is simply selfless, and i aspire to be like her. i can't say that about many people.
10. because the wall does, in fact, wear pink panties. :)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

That is a great post!!! WE love Logan our family would not be complete without her. You forgot to add that not only did she walk you to the bathroom, she would stand there and wait for you then walk you back to bed. I don't know if I would be willing to do that with one of my own children.

The Boring Family said...

Yeah, none of us would be who we are if we didn't have "Auntie Lodan". She is well loved and we are all envious of her smile...she never had to go through braces like the rest of us! And as far as the pink panties go...that's one of my favorite memories. Those panties should have been framed and put on display! Well, after they were cleaned, of course!

Unknown said...

hey i would like to defend my pink panties. they were clean. we had just taken a bath. i wouldn't put on dirty underwear after taking a bath, gross. and alex, thank you soo much, this is so sweet. i love you.

The Boring Family said...

I meant, after you had gotten all of your uses out of the panties, they should have been framed.

 
template by suckmylolly.com