Friday, September 5, 2008

I'M ENGAGED!!




hooray for being engaged!! up until now i got a "ring check" from my roommates every night, but it finally looks like i passed this time. :) & sorry guys, the pictures just don't do it justice. i'll work on that. [i can't write much now but i'll try to write later.]



i really thought he was going to trick me. i thought (up until the last minute, of course) that last night was all a fake-out. but it wasn't. here's the story: he called me up at like 7:30 and told me to get ready because the night was going to be awesome. he told me to look pretty and grab some blankets because we were going to go to our favorite park up in orem. but then i ended up waiting around for a few hours, until about 10pm. when he finally came and picked me up, i was kind of ticked and bored, but that was extremely short lived...he was really excited and it rubbed off on me right away. we went to coldstone for ice cream, and then grabbed our blankets and headed to our park. we talked for a while, and then he wanted to show me something he'd made. who knew a guy could be so creative and thoughtful? he gave me the best book ever; he made it himself. for a little preview, the book's name is "how to find a guy or dude so ridiculously awesome that you'll probably want to marry him". spectacular, right? at the very end, it says "what is the one thing not present in any of these photos?" i took a few moments, looked at him, and really shyly responded, "...a ring?" i think this was when he kind of stared blankly at me for a few seconds, until he laughed and told me i had the right answer. then he got down on one knee and proposed. i don't remember what he said, exactly. i just know in that moment i was in another world with just the two of us. everything was perfect. tyler is perfect for me. i'm the luckiest girl in the world. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Official!!! Congrats and we can't wait to see you guys at Christmas/ meet Tyler!! We are so happy for you! Having an eternal companion is the best!

Courtney said...

Congratulations! So did his book top the Furby one?

The Boring Family said...

Yay! Now that I know he brought the ring with him to Denver, I should have snooped in his bag when his phone rang! Oh well. We approve of Tyler and your ring looks gorgeous!

KnobbyBobby said...

Oh man! Congratulations :]

Alie said...

Courtney--his book is much better than the Furby one. But only because the Furby one is nowhere to be found...sadly...Tyler would probably pee his pants laughing at me if I showed him that!

Tyler said...

MacKenzie - When my phone went off, and you had told me that it was ringing, I really was afraid that you guys had gotten into it... I don't think you would have held that secret in for too long.

Anyways, thanks Alex for making it look like I was 2 1/2 hours late. First of all, I called you closer to 8. And second of all, I told you that I was up to stuff. I will not deny that I did keep you waiting, but it wasn't that bad, was it? At least you didn't know what was ahead of you that night; that would have really made you uneasy about it.

Alie said...

Tyler...ahaha, i didn't make you sound like a bad person, did i? the whole night was amazing and perfect. :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com