Wednesday, January 21, 2009

one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish...

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't published in a while. Tyler and I have been so busy with the start of school! To see a few more wedding pictures, check out my photographer's blog. Isn't she wonderful? We should be getting the entire dvd in the mail within this next week, and we will try to post more.


This past weekend was a three-day weekend! Hooray for holidays! (Although, I must admit I think Presidential Inaugurations should also be a holiday.) Tyler and I, amongst running many errands, went to the aquarium in Sandy. As we pulled up, Tyler saw the look of disappointment on my face, and stated, "You thought it was going to be like Sea World, didn't you? It looks more like the size of a refurbished Petco." The inside was nice, though. We really did have a lot of fun, until the end. The last exhibit we saw was about the Great Salt Lake, and there was literally no sign of life or color aside from the microscopic shrimp and brown trout.
Way to end it, right?


Here is a picture with "Untel Tyler" and Nemo:


I think he's scared of the octopus.



At least we got to touch sting rays like at Sea World...

These are called Feather Dusters. Appropriately named, don't you think? They look like they could be straight out of a Dr. Seuss book.


A Banded Coral Shrimp.


This was fascinating; these Nemo fish can swim in and out of these poisonous coral without being harmed. It's their home, and protects them from enemies.

He's imitating the spikey urchin thing.

Now he's imitating the lion fish? Maybe it's a zebra fish.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

have you not watched finding nemo? you learn that in the beginning. it protects them from their enemies because their enemies get stung or poisoned by the plant. geeze.

Alie said...

that's where i learned it from! jeez.

Courtney said...

I'm sure it beats the Bean Museum, Rich and I would go there a lot, because it was free.
And I must say, only you could take a picture of a name plaque and have it turn out cool looking.

The Boring Family said...

I think they're actually bat rays. I remember learning that at Sea World. If they let everyone touch the sting rays, they might as well set up a first aid booth or doctor's office right there. Bat rays are harmless. Morgan will be excited to see "Untel Tyler" when I show her in the morning.

kwistin said...

Aw, that looked like so much fun! Way to be happy. :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com